Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Marine sues county, Encinitas deputy over beating, false arrest

NBC 7:
“I started walking toward them, waved saying, 'Hey' and trying to say it was a big misunderstanding. Before I could get arms-length reach of them, they grabbed me and then a bad beating happened,” he said. “While I was on the ground one of the [deputies] put his foot on my head and grinded it in the pavement and at this point I was bleeding pretty bad.”

Moore said he heard the deputies laughing saying, “Oh got another [expletive] Marine off the street.”

“That hurt my feelings. I just got back from abroad. I was gone for eight months and to be out there protecting the civil liberties that I hold true. That you hold true. That everyone holds true and to get back here and get those civil liberties robbed from you from the very same people sworn in to protect them is just so disappointing. It broke my heart,” he said.
Derek Sanders is a long-time Encinitas sheriff's deputy, and was one of the deputies who raided Francine Busby's 2009 Cardiff fundraiser.

10 comments:

  1. Didn't the County settle for big bucks over the Busby fiasco? Sounds like this deputy's behavior is a liability to the taxpayers' coffers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! $1.2 million as a matter of fact.

      Wish I got pepper sprayed there!

      Delete
  2. "I couldn't have been a threat, because I had an apple pie in one hand, and my Bible in the other. All I was doing was helping a group of widows and orphans cross the street."

    The cop's background notwithstanding, there may be more to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Power corrupts, we see it all over the place. I don't know about this incident, but many cops have an attitude that they are "in charge" vs. they are here to serve and protect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strike 2 - dump him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a handful or more from our substation who repeatedly harass innocent citizens here for sport, they involve the fire dept. and lifeguards as well. Considerable time and money is wasted on this practice. They are horrible people and they are going to get caught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lifeguards are awful especially that older 60-something meat head who is always looking at his phone while in the tower bilking residents for his upcoming millionaires pensions. ALL firefighters and lifeguards should be volunteers. Know any men that would NOT want to hang out at the station one night a week cooking gourmet food?

      Delete
  6. Accountability seems scant - there should be a civilian review board to evaluate performance of these public servants.

    ReplyDelete