Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jerome Stocks: I swear my $4000 check to the Lincoln Club had absolutely nothing to do with the hit piece they sent out against Teresa Barth four days later

Here's Mayor Jerome Stocks at the Cardiff candidate forum when asked to pledge not to send out last-minute, negative hit piece mailers.


"I've not only pledged that I won't; I will state affirmatively that I never have, and I won't change that now."

Oh, really?

Then why did you pay the Lincoln Club $4,000 four days before they sent out this sleazy hit piece against Teresa Barth in a race that no one in the Lincoln Club claimed to know anything about?

Do Encinitas voters really want a city councilman who will lie to their faces like that? What else is he lying about?

8 comments:

  1. Muir is a much better liar than Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone noticed that the Union Trib has issued their endorsements, but hasn't said a word about Encinitas other than a small column about Signgate ? Does this mean even the staunchly Republican UT can't stomach Stocks and Muir [or even Forrester] ? Or does this mean they intend to wait to the last minute with some kind of flashy grandstand endorsement ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reluctant to count chickens, but if true, this would be a significant development.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this W.C.! It's great to have a watchdog that factchecks city officials when they stretch the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks W.C. -- impressive job keeping track of their behavior & evidence thereof. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. I wanted to look at the campaign contributions today but could only find Tony's and Lisa's. It could be me, though, and yes, thanks W.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindpat - I suspect that the Union-Trib is waiting until the last minute for an endorsement. Notice how this campaign has gone? The vague mailers praising the citizens' satisfaction for the city's state of affairs and $tock$ claim for being law enforcement's choice? I think he has yet to pull whatever reelection trick he has in his special interest packed hind pocket. The anti-$tock$ campaign needs to rachet up the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muir wants a triple stacked Whooper for the election watch party.

    ReplyDelete