The city of Encinitas and the Encinitas school district are in competition with the cities of San Diego (for costly Portland Loos) and Escondido for the bottom awards by the San Diego County Taxpayers Association.The San Diego County Taxpayers Association beclowned itself in 2013 when it awarded the Golden Fleece to the Poway Unified School District for the disastrous $1 billion capital appreciation bonds which the SDCTA had itself endorsed. Fortunately, this year there is no record of the SDCTA blessing the Pacific View purchase.
The annual program notes the best and worst in local government efficiency, spending and decision-making.
Golden Fleece Award Finalists
* City of Encinitas & Encinitas Union School District – Pacific View Profiteering
* City of San Diego – Portland Loos
* City of Escondido – Adoption of Citizens’ Property Rights Initiative
* Palomar Community College District – Computer Dumping
* Caltrans – Water Wasters
* San Ysidro School District – Title I Cover-Up
Friday, May 15, 2015
Encinitas is finalist for Golden Fleece Awards for Pacific View deal
Times of San Diego: